Young Adult Science Book Winners
This award is given to the book that in any given year best meets the following criteria:
- The book has the ability to engage young adult readers in science.
- The book is judged on its ability to engage the YA audience. Both young adult and adult titles may be considered.
- The book encourages the discussion and understanding of scientific ideas.
- The book contains no serious errors or deficiencies in explanations of science content or processes.
- The book has a clear purpose and is well organized.
- In accordance with Project 2061’s Habits of Mind benchmark, the book should enable high school readers to view science and technology thoughtfully, being neither categorically antagonistic nor uncritically positive.